By Shumin Guo
Over 60 recipes exhibiting you the way to layout, configure, deal with, video display, and song a Hadoop cluster
- Hands-on recipes to configure a Hadoop cluster from naked steel nodes
- Practical and extensive rationalization of cluster administration commands
- Easy-to-understand recipes for securing and tracking a Hadoop cluster, and layout considerations
- Recipes exhibiting you the way to song the functionality of a Hadoop cluster
- Learn find out how to construct a Hadoop cluster within the cloud
We are dealing with an avalanche of information. The unstructured info we assemble can comprise many insights that may carry the main to enterprise luck or failure. Harnessing the power to investigate and procedure this knowledge with Hadoop is among the such a lot hugely wanted talents in modern day task industry. Hadoop, through combining the computing and garage powers of a big variety of commodity machines, solves this challenge in a sublime way!
Hadoop Operations and Cluster administration Cookbook is a pragmatic and hands-on consultant for designing and handling a Hadoop cluster. it is going to assist you know the way Hadoop works and advisor you thru cluster administration tasks.
This ebook explains real-world, large facts difficulties and the gains of Hadoop that permits it to address such difficulties. It breaks down the secret of a Hadoop cluster and should advisor you thru a few transparent, functional recipes that can assist you to regulate a Hadoop cluster.
We will commence through fitting and configuring a Hadoop cluster, whereas explaining choice and networking issues. we are going to additionally hide the subject of securing a Hadoop cluster with Kerberos, configuring cluster excessive availability and tracking a cluster. And a good way to understand how to construct a Hadoop cluster at the Amazon EC2 cloud, then this can be a booklet for you.
What you are going to examine from this book
- Defining your colossal information problem
- Designing and configuring a pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster
- Configuring an absolutely allotted Hadoop cluster and tuning your Hadoop cluster for greater performance
- Managing the DFS and MapReduce cluster
- Configuring Hadoop logging, auditing, and activity scheduling
- Hardening the Hadoop cluster with safety and entry regulate methods
- Monitoring a Hadoop cluster with instruments corresponding to Chukwa, Ganglia, Nagio, and Ambari
- Setting up a Hadoop cluster at the Amazon cloud
Solve particular difficulties utilizing person self-contained code recipes, or paintings in the course of the e-book to improve your functions. This booklet is jam-packed with easy-to-follow code and instructions used for representation, which makes your studying curve effortless and quick.
Who this e-book is written for
If you're a Hadoop cluster method administrator with Unix/Linux procedure administration event and also you want to get an outstanding grounding in easy methods to arrange and deal with a Hadoop cluster, then this booklet is for you. It’s assumed that you'll have a few adventure in Unix/Linux command line already, in addition to being conversant in community communique basics.